Saturday, January 19, 2013

Wedding Date Set

When we decided to get married, I was thinking of having it on the first or second quarter of 2014. I was kind of worried because I feel that I’m getting older and afraid that I might have some regrets in the future. 

At first I wanted our wedding on Valentine’s Day or somewhere on a weekend of March 2014 because I prefer to have it not on a rainy a season that’s why I never thought of being a June bride. We are also considering that the date should match with the vacation period of Nickyz’s relatives and March is however okay with him. When he asked me again if March is already final for our wedding month, I felt that I’m not so sure… I looked again at the 2014 calendar and pick the best date. I looked into the weekends of August, September, October, November…. I really can’t decide. I counted the remaining months that I’ll spend with my family because I know that when I get married I won’t stay with them anymore. I will no longer see my Mamita waiting for me outside our gate whenever I got home from work. I will no longer spend my birthday and Christmas at our house with them..i will not sleep in one bed with my sister anymore…mamita will not prepare coffee for me every morning before I prepare for work.. When all of these came into my mind, I feel really really sad that my tears started to fall down. I am really so close with my family...Maybe this is also the reason why I did not get married early.  Because of these, I decided to have it on December 2014, with this date, we would have enough time to prepare and save for our wedding. 

When I told Nickyz that I want it on December 2014, he asked me to choose from 6, 13, 20 and 27. I found 20 and 27 a bit late as I know that most of the people go to their provinces before Christmas. I also don’t want it in time of the Company’s Christmas Party which is normally 2nd to 3rd week. When I looked at December 6, 1st week of the December, okay for me and I just noticed it lastly that it is also our anniversary date. Then I told myself that I finally chose the date… We’ll have it on our 8th year anniversary! The date has a meaning and we’ll have it at one celebration. I told Nickyz of the date and he immediately agreed on the date.

And that’s how we got our wedding date... December 6, 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment